Helbling is representing a private higher education institution in Eastern Pennsylvania in conducting a search to secure an Associate Director Facilities Operations (AD) who will provide management oversight, leadership, and daily direction on all facets of the Mechanical and General Trade shops, Custodial Services, and Grounds Department. The AD serves as the second in command for the Director of Facilities Operations whenever the Director is absent.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Mechanical Trades shop, the General Trades shop, Custodial Services, and Grounds. Manages all aspects of these trade shops including all personnel issues, daily deployment, equipment purchases, scheduling, continuous improvement, training, etc.
- Continually reviews the operations, repair, and preventative maintenance of the campus utility systems, the campus mechanical systems, campus buildings, and the campus electrical systems. Monitors the energy management system and work order system, and recommends improvements in efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the development of long-range planning for the institution.
- Ensures that work orders are completed in a timely and effective manner. Strives to increase the quality and quantity of the work performed by Facilities Operations personnel.
- Manages direct reports in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and facilities maintenance, matters, reviews preventative maintenance methods and recommends changes and improvements to the Director.
- Manages the direct reports in planning and estimating proposed maintenance projects.
- Maintains a safe working environment within mechanical and general trades, and maintains compliance with OSHA and other safety related codes and regulations.
- Maintains good working relationships with all departments on campus.
- Provides direction and guidance on energy use, energy conservation measures, energy conservation projects, and assists in generating estimates for said projects.
- Assists in maintaining records required by state and federal agencies as they apply to Facilities Operations.
- Participates in the technical review of new plans and specifications, and construction documents for new facilities.