Helbling is representing a repeat client, a civil and utility contractor in New England, in conducting an executive search to attract and secure a Superintendent - Power Generation. The Superintendent’s primary role is to oversee all project field operations, and plan and ensure successful deliveries of projects. He/she is responsible for the planning, organizing, and control of the project(s); continuously completing quality inspections of all related work and materials; and ensuring that budgets, plans, and specifications conformance and schedules are followed and achieved. The Superintendent monitors and supervises all operations, workers, and subcontractors, reporting progress of projects to the company and the client. He/she must successfully meet time, quality, and financial obligations of jobs in a safe environment.
- Leads and manages all project construction field operations.
- Ensures that all health and safety project plans are implemented.
- Develops budgeting plans to execute the work within defined General Conditions and General Requirements budgets.
- Leads and supervises workers and monitors work performance.
- Liaisons with external agents and inspectors, and meets required standards in terms of licenses, safety, and any other obligations.
- Works collaboratively with management, keeping them informed of progress and summarizing information and trends through thorough detailed, consistent job reporting.
- Manages all client, design team, and subcontractor relationships.
- Meets, and proactively promotes and enforces all safety rules and regulations.
- Provides leadership level input on all pre-job planning, strategizing, and conceptual scheduling.
- Develops and maintains CMP preconstruction and construction schedules.
- Develops job specific Quality Management Program, and participates in and executes plan.
- Mentors staff members and promotes a team atmosphere reflecting the company's values.
- Plans development for MEP coordination, start up, commissioning, pre-checks, and execution.