Helbing is representing a university in Virginia in conducting an executive search to secure a Director of Physical Plant who will provide overall direction and leadership to physical plant operations. This position is dedicated to providing timely, quality workmanship, and service delivered in a cost-effective manner to support the university’s mission.
- Plans, organizes, and controls the services of the department, which include 24-hour emergency repair, preventive maintenance, zone maintenance, utility services, locksmith services, roofing, grounds, central mechanical/electrical, highway equipment, general services, housekeeping services, and support shops.
- Establishes, monitors, and enforces policies and procedures.
- Makes staffing assignments to support workload demands.
- Establishes and adheres to schedules, budgets, and program parameters.
- Reports status for the Physical Plant division and responsibilities.
- Administrates contracts with outside entities and vendors.
- Interacts with university, city, and state officials.
- Ensures compliance with state codes and standards.
- Physical Plant provides maintenance for the Student Housing Division for all on-campus housing of approximately 6,000 beds.
- Maintenance and housekeeping is also provided to the Parking and Transportation Department.