Brown University has retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Facilities Planner for its Science Spaces. This role provides both long- and short-term campus development studies, project feasibility studies, space programming, utilization analyses, and facility assessments. Responsible for the development of scopes of work, budget estimates, and project schedules for proposed university building projects, with an emphasis on laboratory and scientific research spaces and infrastructure.
- Manages, organizes, and develops programming, planning, and feasibility studies.
- Works with end users, Provost’s office, external consultants, and other members of the Facilities Management staff to establish the goals and objectives of the intended facilities projects.
- Plans complex laboratory environments (including building infrastructure).
- Translates clients’ needs into functional and achievable research spaces.
- Independently collects data, analyzes, and directs the establishment of project goals and objectives.
- Organizes and communicates with others involved in the design and construction process.
- Evaluates specific customer requests and makes recommendations regarding specialized casework, equipment, and systems for individual laboratory environments.
- Develops and documents scopes of work, preliminary layouts, schedules, and project cost estimates for administrative approval.
- Effectively transitions approved projects to assigned project management staff.
- Provides evaluations and recommendations on space development alternatives.
- Organizes and maintains plans for focused programs for continually improving the university’s facilities.