Helbling is representing a Chicago general builder in conducting an executive search to secure a Senior Project Manager, Healthcare (SPM) who will play a critical role in the immediate and future growth of the company's healthcare division by managing existing relationships and projects, and fostering new relationships as a true "seller-doer."
- Provides project leadership to ensure client satisfaction, and compliance with all quality and safety standards.
- Business development and marketing to existing and prospective clients.
- Day to day financial management of projects including the development and acceptance of the budget, and timely updates to the budget and acceptance by customer (i.e. change orders); preparing subcontract scope and contract/purchase agreements including review of trade awards with Owner/Architect for approval; reviewing/verifying subcontractor requisitions; overseeing preparation and reviewing of client requisitions; and ensuring adherence to payment terms of contracts.
- Reports to senior management on a regular basis with information on project status, owner relations, requisitions, and collections.
- Project schedules including development, maintenance/tracking, updates/changes, and obtaining necessary approvals; ensures adherence to milestone dates and manages impact on budget and manpower needs; and develops a trade by trade schedule.
- Assists Superintendent with site coordination including daily/weekly site visits, and coordination of subcontractors and field personnel; reviews progress of subcontractors/suppliers on site and off; reviews drawings and sketches; inspects pre-fabricated items and materials prior to delivery and after installation; and ensures highest standards of safety and quality on site at all times.
- Reviews daily field reports, work orders, and any changes to a project; reviews daily labor hours and cost allocation; and ensures all subcontractors are properly insured.
- Conducts weekly job site meetings with Owner/Owners’ Representative and Architect including preparation of agenda and minutes/project report.
- Oversees close-out including preparation of punch list; secures sign-offs, substantial completion sign-off, and certificate of occupancy (where required); files all required permits; and assists Project Biller in obtaining final waivers.
- Remains involved with clients for the maintenance and service needs of their project upon completion including warranty work and any new future project needs.
- Directly oversees supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers; responsible for the growth and team development of future company leaders.