Helbling is working with a long-term client, an international general builder, in performing an executive search for a General Manager (GM) of its San Francisco office who will be the region and community leader. The GM leads and manages all company contact with new and existing clients and is responsible for building and cultivating client relationships. This position is measured on the ability to successfully generate business, manage client relationships, and develop employees through the doer-seller model.
- Acts as the visible community leader including managing social agenda.
- Manages all aspects of the financial profit and loss for the local business.
- Coordinates all project staff assignments with Operations Manager and Account Managers.
- Leads and oversees the development and implementation of all pursuits to acquire new clients in coordination with Account Managers, Business Development Leaders, and Marketing, including pursuit plans, proposals, and presentations.
- Manages and develops relationships with internal and external clients, designers, and consultants.
- Identifies client expectations and develops related project strategies.
- Develops Client Account Management Plans and updates annually.
- Oversees development of Project Execution Plans.
- Reviews and monitors project financial reports.
- Reviews monthly owner project status reports.
- Develops risk management plans that identify and proactively manage risk.
- Actively participates in all preconstruction planning and construction assignments.
- Communicates and enforces Environmental Health & Safety and Injury-Free programs.
- Leads employee recruitment and retention efforts.
- Develops skills and mentors project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations per company guidelines, as required.