Helbling has been retained by a general contractor/construction manager in Connecticut to conduct an executive search to secure an Executive Vice President/Managing Director (EVP). The responsibilities of the position include the management of Field Operations, Preconstruction Services, and Accounting and Administration in accordance with the company’s operating principles and practices. The role is responsible for the overall management of the company consistent with company “goals and plans,” strategic initiatives, and established risk tolerances. The position also develops new work opportunities, maintains good relationships with existing clients, and other business development functions.
- Helps to develop and manage annual goals and plans of the company.
- Develops and manages goals and plans of direct reports.
- Develops and negotiates owner contracts with Chief Executive Officer.
- Manages company’s overall risk profile.
- Develops new and maintains existing business relationships.
- Targets architects, building owners, and real estate agents seeking new business opportunities.
- Maintains and improves relations with existing clients by ensuring professional and efficient service before, during, and after construction.
- Assists with the preconstruction of construction management projects.
- Ensures the Estimating department receives the proper information and input for Operations staff to properly perform their functions.
- Oversees the general administration of the Operations staff, including the review of operating costs, personnel, and company-owned equipment.
- Assists in budgeting and review of the general conditions of a project.
- Assists with and/or oversees the bid process, subcontractor selection, bid review, and buy-out as needed.
- Conducts periodic review and compliance of SOPs and the review of the Estimating procedures / assumptions and risk taking.
- Ensures project managers and field superintendents are performing their responsibilities professionally, efficiently, and in compliance with the company’s operating principles and practices.
- Ensures that all the employees have the tools necessary to perform their respective jobs with proficiency (i.e. computers, laptops, software, trucks, construction tools, etc.).
- Ensures the Operations staff continue to improve on safety, labor utilization, construction knowledge, job close outs, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains an overview of project information, tracking contract status, and projects’ financials.