Helbling is representing a repeat client, a higher education institution in New Jersey, in conducting an executive search to secure a Senior Facilities Planner who will serve as the liaison in the Office of the Provost to appropriate academic constituencies to anticipate and recommend options for space needs for instructional, research, and faculty office space.
Responsibilities of this role encompass:
- Works closely and regularly meets with the Division of Facilities and Campus Operations on preferred options for academic space; coordinates with faculty on space assignments and moves; and monitors the implementation of space transitions.
- Manages furniture and finishes for the academic offices and spaces, in collaboration with faculty, the Office of the Provost, and the Division of Facilities and Campus Operations.
- Represents the Office of the Provost on the Academic and Administrative Space Committees.
- Works with the Division of Facilities and Campus Operations to complete the academic portion of the space inventory, currently under development, and to keep current as space needs change.
- Provides assistance with planning, space information management and analysis of space utilization within the academic units, and in context of overall campus strategic planning, including reviewing classroom utilization schedules to efficiently assign instructional space.
- Produces regular reports of current, pending, and anticipated academic space needs.
- Works with Facilities and Campus Operations to produce project drawings and graphic displays as needed for the projects from test fits and schematic design through construction documents to ensure desired scope of work is represented.
- Works with consultants and project managers as necessary to provide clear project plans and space information relevant to project scope.