Helbing has been retained by a New Jersey environmental contractor to conduct an executive search to secure a Project Superintendent. This role directs the field construction activities and is responsible for coordinating the efforts of project resources including but not limited to labor, equipment, and subcontractors.
Key competencies and responsibilities are:
- Maintains core values of health and safety at all times.
- Actively demonstrates a high level of dedication to all safety standards while executing duties.
- Ensures safety observations are being done and reported according to policy.
- Assists Safety Manger in performing incident and/or accident investigations.
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with key owners, architects, and engineers within commercially reasonable standards.
- Plans and supervises all field related activities, including determining method of construction sequencing activities.
- Responsible for accurate weekly submittal of three-week look ahead and resource-loaded schedule.
- Drives weekly projection meetings.
- Coordinates with owner’s representatives (engineering, estimating, and planning) to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of the construction operation, including documentation of activities on a daily basis.
- Constructs/maintains onsite temporary facilities and resources to ensure proper execution of daily activities.
- Assists in resolving field construction logistics (lack of productivity, work, interfaces, etc.).
- Prepares for and attends status meetings.
- Performs project close-out in concert with PM and ensures applicable punch list is completed in a cost effective timely manner.
- Completes projects in accordance with established schedules/budgets, always striving to improve schedule/budget when possible.
- Participates in monthly re-estimates.
- Ensures timesheets and quantity reporting is done accurately on a daily basis.
- Supports PM in monthly pay requisitions as needed.
- Assists PM in the negotiation of claims and changes, if applicable.
- Coordinates with the office, site personnel, General Superintendent, Field Operations Manager, client or other contractors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc. support project activities and project schedule.
- Communicates and reinforces the company vision, values, and goals to all team members.
- Ensures project team are fully aware of their respective roles and responsibilities.
- Mentors Project Engineers and field crews; and champions skills development of assigned resources through training, mentoring, and performance reviews.