A New York City real estate entity has retained Helbling to secure a Senior Project Manager (SPM). The SPM is responsible for leading and facilitating all aspects of the design and construction process for any given interiors projects, and for building out each project on time, on budget, and within pre-established quality parameters. Additionally, the SPM will be responsible for managing the coordination of architectural and engineering disciplines, as well as the functions of estimating, budgeting, contracting, scheduling, bidding, negotiating, purchasing, value engineering; providing leadership, motivation, and direction to the Construction Manager and the construction team to include architects, engineers, and the trades; monitoring project construction activities relating to scheduling, quality, costs, design and construction methodology, as well as assisting in the selection and recommendation of trades and purchase of major building materials/ components through the Construction Manager; and establishing credibility and developing long-term relationships with the highest levels of confidence.
- Overall success and delivery of projects.
- Manages Construction Manager as it relates to the day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information internally, and with partners and lenders.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Formulates and executes project schedule.
- Implements document control procedures for all construction related documents.
- Manages the scope review, bid, and award process.
- Negotiates all change orders.
- Manages and updates project budget.