Helbling is representing a general contractor and construction manager in the Southeast to secure a Vice President, Business Development (VP) who will help to ensure business growth through directing business development activities for commercial and multi-family projects in accordance with the organizational strategy for the region. The VP will be responsible for overseeing the development and growth of profitable new business, and developing and maintaining effective key relationships.
- Performs business development and marketing activities for designated market segments while managing the sales process from inquiry to contract.
- Researches, identifies, and develops client contacts regarding potential new work through research, phone calls, cold calls, promotional literature, or any other appropriate sales methods.
- Maintains a strong industry network by participating actively in industry and civic organizations to promote corporate citizenship.
- Partners with clients and internal construction operations team, including office general managers, to win projects.
- Assists the Senior Vice President of Business Development with department procedures, strategic marketing plans, and identifying trends.
- Develops and maintains client and developer relationships that lead to project opportunities and awards that are consistent with the company’s strategic plan.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets business documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Makes customers’ needs a primary focus and remains dedicated to exceeding the expectations of clients.
- Creates open channels of communication across all levels of the organization.
- Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Seeks out and initiates action on critical priorities and focuses on goal achievement.