La Salle College High School as retained Helbling to conduct an executive search to secure a Director of Facilities (Director) to provide leadership, coordination, supervision, and direction for facilities services and capital projects.
- Oversees outside contractors for all grounds maintenance: i.e. lawns, athletic fields, parking lot, walkways, snow removal, and campus beautification. Maintains grounds to be functional, safe, clean, and attractive.
- Coordinates and orders contracted services as needed to accomplish repairs not practical to be done by facilities staff.
- Schedules and performs regular preventive maintenance and minor repairs on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and school vans.
- Coordinates and sets up school activities and events including: Institutional Advancement, Mothers’ Club, Admissions, athletic teams' booster clubs fund raising events, and all outside groups using athletic fields and facilities.
- Oversees purchase of necessary equipment and supplies for the efficient operation of the facilities department. Obtains estimates and bids for jobs to be contracted, and prepares and manages the annual facilities budget.
- Under the direction of the President, prepares the annual capital expenditure budget for the operation of the maintenance of the campus facilities. Accomplishes other tasks as may be required and assigned by the President.
About La Salle College High School:
La Salle College High School is a private high school serving approximately 1,066 students in grades 9 through 12. It is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young men of varied backgrounds, and is conducted in the tradition of St. John Baptist de La Salle. Through a broad and balanced, human and Christian education, La Salle College High School guides each student in the development of his unique God-given talents and fosters a commitment to academic excellence, service, and leadership. Nationally recognized technology and music programs and impressive campus facilities enhance La Salle’s demanding academic program.
Located in Wyndmoor, a community in Springfield Township, Montgomery County, the School was built on the former Belcroft estate of Clarence E. Brown. Three new athletic fields, an environmental study area, and a walking path were developed on 30 acres of adjacent land acquired in 2007, bringing the total campus property to 84 acres. La Salle's campus is easily accessible from Philadelphia, Montgomery, Bucks, and Chester Counties.
Notable alumni include:
- Paul J. Arizin '46 – Member, NBA Hall of Fame
- William de Pasquale '51 – Concertmaster, Philadelphia Orchestra
- Chris J. Matthews '63 – Television Commentator, Hardball and Syndicated Columnist, San Francisco Examiner
- Hugh T. Panaro '82 – Leading Broadway Actor, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Showboat, Martin Guerre, Side Show
- Honorable Michael J. Stack, III, Esq. '82 – Lt. Governor of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia County
- Sean McDermott '93 – Head Coach, Buffalo Bills