Helbling is working with a heavy civil and utility contractor and repeat client in conducting an executive search to secure a Senior Vice President of Engineering & Inspection who will: direct and oversee all engineering and design work to ensure strict compliance with all applicable codes, standards, customer requirements, and current industry best practices; and collaborate with other SVPs to support existing projects and customers in regard to all technical and engineering issues and enhance the growth of the engineering services business.
Responsibilities of the role encompass:
- Collaborates with the EVP and other SVPs to initiate, drive, and deliver inorganic and organic growth opportunities across the company’s sectors nationwide in conjunction with the strategic plan.
- Serves existing clients by ensuring quality, timeliness, and safety in all projects and industry best practices for the performance of all services and work and supports new design/build opportunities and projects.
- Identifies areas and opportunities for innovation in engineering and design services and collaborates closely with branch offices.
- Collaborates with other SVPs to ensure succession plans are in place for the Engineering group.
- Develops and implements performance management and associated KPIs for the Engineering group in coordination with other SVPs.
- Communicates with and is active in applicable technical trade associations; and communicates with industry leaders, clients, and potential clients as required to ensure company is continuously aware of and implementing industry best technical practices.
- Develops organizational structure to maximize efficiencies across the various engineering disciplines.
- Full Profit & Loss responsibility across all engineering divisions, inclusive of forecasting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Exercises authority and approves decisions on all engineering matters as per Master Delegation of Authority.
- Effectively leads a team of senior professionals by developing talent and cultivating a high performance culture. Mentors, coaches, develops, and motivates direct reports and, when required, select managers.
- Serves as a role model to employees by living company values and displaying the leadership behavior.