Helbling is supporting a repeat client, a high-end residential builder in the New York City metropolitan area, in attracting and securing Site Superintendents. A Site Superintendent is the lead site management person responsible for the direct supervision and coordination of all physical construction activities on a project. These professionals see the work being performed, ensure adherence to the highest standards of safety and quality, and are the liaison for all subcontractors and building staff on the job site.
- Reviews and understands all scopes of work as developed by estimating and the project manager.
- Must be familiar with schedule and budget to ensure on time delivery, while presenting ideas for improved efficiencies.
- Advises project team daily of directives issued by design team via written confirmation and/or work order.
- Responsible for all tools, equipment, and supplies on site including placing orders for incidental tools.
- Prepares progress schedules, 2-week look ahead, and manpower request reports with the Assistant Project Manager (APM).
- Oversees all work on site including subcontractors, field personnel, deliveries, and installation.
- Provides daily work schedules, ensures quality/accuracy of work; sets benchmarks and levels and where necessary, and performs layouts.
- Works with the APM to maintain necessary records for all site personnel including time sheets.
- Prepares work orders, RFI’s, daily field reports; and maintains current/complete on-site project files (construction documents, sketches, submittals, etc.)
- Maintains highest standards of safety on site; ensures adherence to all policies; remedies unsafe site conditions immediately; notifies main office within 24-hours of accident by preparing first report of injury (accident report); maintains OSHA safety log; and maintains cleanliness and orderliness of site.
- Attends all job site project meetings and addresses any open items that may impact progress and quality.
- Represent the company in relations with inspecting authorities, ensures authorities with jurisdiction are apprised of the project requirements related to their duties, and cooperates with inspectors to ensure timely approvals.
- Assists with preparation and completion of punch-list, and owners' service and maintenance manuals including collection of appliance and equipment warranties, development of access panel and valve charts, etc.