Helbling is representing a long-term client, a university in Massachusetts in attracting a Senior Capital Project Manager who will work under the general direction of the Associate Vice President Planning Design & Construction, managing capital projects including large and complex multi-million dollar projects and assist in short and long range planning of construction projects and renovation of existing facilities. Project types include research and teaching laboratories, student housing, classrooms, and offices, as well as specialized construction. The position will contribute to the development and organization of project management processes and procedures to support the activities of the Capital Projects Group.
- Coordinates and manages multiple technically complex capital project activities with both in-house and outside consultants including preparation and administration of consultant contracts.
- Manages and coordinates feasibility studies including preparing program information, coordinates work of interdepartmental groups, and works with all levels of the university.
- Reviews planning and contract documents prepared by outside consultants to ensure compatibility with university standards and requirements.
- Prepare estimates, issues RFP’s, obtains bids, awards contracts, and participates in the development of contract documents.
- Prepares initial budgets; and establishes, tracks, and monitors expenditures throughout the course of each project.
- Maintains all project records, including job costs, change orders and project close-out.
- Approves requisitions from contractors and consultant.
- Prepares financial analyses and preliminary total project cost estimates.
- Establishes, tracks, and manages budget during course of project.
- Performs contract administration and manages resident engineers for construction of a variety of capital projects including new construction, alteration, utility installations, and roadways.
- Serves as the university’s representative to external agencies including local officials on assigned projects.
- Conducts problem-solving requiring analysis and complex decision-making where errors in technique or judgment are difficult to detect and could result in significant cost overruns and/or jeopardy of life safety.
- Maintains current knowledge of all applicable regulations and codes for design and construction projects.
- Works independently and allocates resources consistent with division goals.
- Prepares written and graphic presentations.
- Maintains proficiency in word processing, spread sheets and various computer database systems used in professional management organizations.
- Promotes and assures continuous improvement; and establishes and maintains productive relationships with a full range of personnel that reflect a strong commitment to customer service.